Newsletter April, 2021 Newsletter February, 2021
- Summary of the legal basis and role of this ILO organ
- Relevant cases examined in the March 2021 session dealt with essential services during strike action and the violation of trade union rights
Newsletter December, 2020
- The International Labour Organisation, Bureau for Employers’ Activities (ACT/EMP) recently released a publication on the role played by the employers and business membership organizations (EBMOs) in the Covid-19 pandemic where EBMOs have demonstrated agility, resilience and the ability to innovate.
- It also focuses on the way ahead and the services EBMOs will have to reinforce and ideas for concrete actions.
Newsletter November, 2020
- The International Labour Organization – Bureau for Employers’ Activities (ILO-ACT/EMP) has recently published the outcome of a global survey conducted in cooperation with Employer and Business Membership Organizations (EBMOs).
- The report allows a better understanding about the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on enterprise activities.
- The initial phase of the pandemic saw a widespread use of social dialogue processes.
- In the great majority of countries, social dialogue processes achieved “specific and visible process outcomes”.
- Most outcomes related to support enterprises, jobs and incomes, and occupational safety and health at the workplace.
Newsletter May, 2020
- This short paper provides interesting examples on how social partners have been able to include the informal sector during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.
- ILO ACT/EMP supported employers’ organisations by publishing a guide on workplace relations, employment and safety issues.