Newsletter December, 2020 Newsletter November, 2020
- The private employment service sector signs an agreement with the trade unions that clarifies the “neutrality” of this extension vis-à-vis the maximum number of extensions.
Newsletter September, 2020
- On telework, the Code establishes the rights and obligation of employers and employees.
- The amendments defined the criteria of representativeness to sit in the Economic and Social Council of the Slovak Republic.
- The possibility to renew fixed-term contracts has been extended to three years.
- The Italian government extended the ability for employers to use fixed-term contracts.
- The change increased the ability to renew fixed-term contracts and increased the maximum duration of working on a fixed term contract.
- The changes applies to fixed-term contracts concluded by employers and employment agencies alike.
Newsletter July, 2020
- The OECD Employment Protection Legislation is a publication to be commended.
- Chapter 3 elaborates on how job protection matters for labour market and economic outcomes with a recently updated methodology and indicators.
- One key outcome: open-ended contracts have loosened, while fixed term contracts have been evenly loosened and restricted across OECD member countries.
- Chapter 3 outcomes are key for employers’ organisations and companies when advocating for policies in support of innovation, agility of the labour market, and productivity.
- Social partners put in place a system supporting the employability of agency workers
- The Relaunch Decree ease the condition for use of fixed-term contracts,either through private employment agencies or directly with the employer;
- These contracts offer good guarantees and safeguards compared to other forms of work, ranging from bogus self-employment to illegal work.