Private Sector Contribution to the Crisis Newsletter July, 2020
- The company participates in the digitalisation of SMEs and provide some advanced payment to its small and medium size suppliers
Newsletter July, 2020
- Mastercard commits USD 250 million for financial, technology, product and insight assets support in US and other countries.
- Additional USD 33 million will be given to reboot Indian SMEs, especially on business digitalisation and access to finance.
Newsletter May, 2020
- ENGIE Group anticipated part of its ENGIE CARE programme for social protection;
- It mobilised important funding to ensure payment of its suppliers, SMEs and micro enterprises;
- Adopted a 15% pay cut of managers policy.
- Two key industries help placement of workers during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association (RCSA) finalised a partnership with the State of Queensland (Australia) to connect professional recruitment and staffing agencies with job seekers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Jobs Finder Programme rewards employment agencies that manage to place job seekers into high priority areas.
- Employees can donate their hours of work to a “holiday bank” to distribute among other employees.
- The Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), in collaboration with a private online education company (Medavarsity) and Nathealth (the health industry body), launched a free training course on Covid-19 understanding and management.
- Private sector in China developed an “Employees Sharing Scheme” to transfer temporarily suspended employees to companies of the sector most in need.