Newsletter August, 2020
- The joint statement focused on topics such as freedom of association and collective bargaining, social dialogue, occupational health and safety, social responsible practices and the stability of payments.
- The Algerian government established a national commission to discuss the Covid-19 impact
- The dialogue is considered as a pre-condition to Covid-19 recovery
- Employers put forward several proposals for recovery
- The social partners agreed for the Commerce and Services sector a nominal increase of wages of 3% as of 1 January 2021, with one additional point for the lowest salaries.
- The World Employment Confederation (WEC) released its annual Social Impact Report on 6 August 2020.
- Different important social protection coverage according to the form of work are reported.
- IOE members will virtually gather on 2 September 2020
- The meeting will focus on business input to a reset of multilateral relations
- Covid-19 crisis stranded seafarers and deteriorated safety in the maritime sector.
- The joint statement acknowledged the need to change crew despite the travel restrictions and indicated ways to overcome this problem.
- To date the situation has not improved.
- A Committee, composed of governmental members and representatives of the business sectors, met nine times to monitor the economic situation and present concrete solutions.
- Eurofound recently published a policy brief on “How does employees’ involvement in decision-making benefit organisations?”.
- The higher is the employees’ involvement the best companies are benefited.