Newsletter July, 2020
- ILO Constituents will virtually meet to discuss the challenges and responses of countries still in the midst of the pandemic, as well as those that have started the recovery phase.
- Detailed information is available online on economic sustainability and income support measures.
- WEC presented its three areas of priorities to recovery, namely developing the conditions for going back to work, facilitating activation and transition of agency workers, and allowing the access to social protection.
- Private sector played a key role during the Covid-19 crisis: WHO published further proposals of action.
- IOE became part of the WHO’s “Private Sector Outreach Coordination Group for the Covid-19 pandemic response”.
Newsletter May, 2020
- The interactive platform allows Employers’ Organisation to acquire parts or all of the training modules to offer as a new service to their members.
- Social dialogue is a key component of the training.
- ILO ACT/EMP supported employers’ organisations by publishing a guide on workplace relations, employment and safety issues.
- Employers, workers and major brands joined a call for action to support the garment industry.
- An international working group was established in the upcoming weeks.
- CEOs from three global HR services companies join forces in an Alliance to pool health and safety guidelines, processes and protocols across sectors and countries that help prepare for the “new normal” in the world of work.
- The initiative is a global call for companies, employers’ organisations, workers, trade unions and institutions and governments to join the Alliance.